Microcellular Systems and Networks
- J.P.M.G. Linnartz, A.J. 't Jong and R. Prasad,
"Effect of Coding in Digital Microcellular
Personal Communication systems with co-channel
Interference, Fading, shadowing and Noise",
IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in
Communication, Vol. JSAC-11, No. 6, August
1993, pp. 901-910.
- T.L. Doumi, T.N. Kanaropoulos and J.G. Gardiner, "Outage probability
in indoor TDMA cordless telecommunications,"
Electron. Lett., 24 June 1993, v. 29, no. 13, pp. 1220-1221.
Outage prob. expression in DECT-like environment where received signal
is subject to uniform shadowing for n interferers using specific values
for received powers.
- E. Green, "Path loss and signal variability analysis for microcells", 5th IEE
International Conference on Mobile Radio and Personal Communication, Warwick,
U.K., 11-14 December 1989, pp. 38-42.
- H. Harley, "Short distance attenuation measurements at 900 MHz and 1.8 GHz using
low antenna heights for microcells", IEEE J. Sel. Areas in Commun., Vol. JSAC-7,
No. 1, 1989, pp. 5-10.
- S.T.S. Chia, R. Steele, E. Green and A. Baran, "Propagation and bit error ratio
measurements for a microcellular system", J. Inst. of Electric and Radio Engineering,
Vol. 57, No. 6 (supplement), Nov./Dec. 1987, pp. S255-266.
- R.L. Pickholtz, L.B. Milstein, D.L. Schilling, M. Kullback, D. Fishman and W.H.
Biederman, "Field tests designed to demonstrate increased spectral efficiency for
personal communications" in Proc. IEEE Globecom '91, Phoenix, 1991, pp. 878-882.
- K.L. Blackard, M.J. Feuerstein, T.S. Rappaport, S.Y. Seidel and H.H. Xia, "Path loss
and delay spread models as functions of antenna height for microcellular system
design", in Proc. 42nd IEEE Vehicular Technolgy Society, Vol. 1, May 10-13, 1992
Denver, CO, pp. 333-337.
- H.H. Xia, H.L. Bertoni, L.R. Maciel, A. Lindsay-Stewart, R. Rowe and L. Grindstaff,
"Radio propagation measurements and modelling for line of sight micro-cellular
systems", in Proc. 42nd IEEE Vehicular Technolgy Society, Vol. 1, May 10-13, 1992
Denver, CO, pp. 349-354.
- J-E. Berg, R Bownds and F. Lotse, "Path loss and fading models for microcells at 900
MHz", in Proc. 42nd IEEE Vehicular Technolgy Society, Vol. 2, May 10-13, 1992
Denver, CO, pp. 666-671.
- A.J. Goldsmith and L.J. Greenstein, "An empirical model for urban microcells with
applications and extensions", in Proc. 42nd IEEE Vehicular Technolgy Society, Vol. 1,
May 10-13, 1992 Denver, CO, pp. 419-422.
- M. Li, et al, "Analysis of intermodulation distortion specification for
radio LANs using multicarrier schemes,"
Electron. Lett., 24 June 1993, v. 29, no. 13, pp. 1229-1231.
Theoretical results (closed-form expression) and Monte-Carlo simulation.
results for blocking (outage) probability as a function of HPA IMD level in
a multicarrier LAN. It was shown that some HPA nonlinearity is tolerable in
radio LANs using multicarrier schemes with reduction in link performance.
- P. Dent, G.E. Bottomley and T.Croft, "Jakes fading model revisited,"
Electron. Lett., 24 June 1993, v. 29, no. 13, pp. 1162-1163.
It is difficult to create multiple UNCORRELATED fading waveforms in the
Jakes fading model. By reformulating the model with slightly different
arrival angles and weighing the rays by orthogonal weight functions,
we get uncorrelated fading waveforms.